Thursday, June 19, 2014

Some Songs With Different Meaning

File:Music stub.png
What is your favorite song? Do you like it because of the message of the lyrics, or do you just like it because of its melody? Well, it's up to you...



Back when I still work in the hospital as a casual nurse,  I met this weird guy, who always shares joke to most of his friends. Let's name him "Valto". One of his jokes, and I still don't know if he got this from other people or invented by himself, was to mess up the meaning of  Shania Twain's song, "How Do I Live?"
 

According to him, the song is about ambubag or a device used for an artificial-respiration that is squeezed by hand as without this, patient cannot breath alone, may it be the patient is respiratory arrested , comatose etc. Thus, the device is a way to supply oxygen to the body, especially the brain cells for the patient to sustain life.

How do I get through one night without you
If I had to live without you
What kind life would that be

And I, I need you in my arms need you to hold
You're my world, my heart, my soul
If you ever leave

Baby you would take away everything good in my life
Without you there'd be no sun in my sky
There would be no love in my life
There'd be no world left for me
And I, baby I don't know what I would do
I'd be lost if I lost you
If you ever leave

Baby, you would take away everything real in my life
And tell me now

CHORUS
How do I live without you
I want to know
How do I breathe without you
If you ever go
How do I ever, ever survive
How do I, how do I, Oh how do I live


If you ever leave
Baby you would take away everything
Need you with me
Baby 'cause you know
That you're everything good in my life
And tell me now 

Actually, the moment I've heard this interpretation of the song I felt mixed emotion. It was like a bit of confusion but somewhat agreed to him in a sense that he actually have a point.  

Imagine,...'how do I breath without you?'.... As if he was right to say that if the device is not attach, eventually, the patient will die. 

So, I search for the lyrics of the song. He might have a point for saying that, if the song is not complete. As you can see the above lyrics, it only implies to some parts of the song of what does he tries to say. Overall, it's about love.

Even not in the chorus, there is a specific line that indicates the song is about the ambubagging... 'for you to hold'... Literally,  someone must hold and squeeeze the ambubag to deliver the artificial air into the patient's lungs. Weird, but somewhat true. The next song was actually shared by my classmate back in my college years. She got a very funny interpretation of the song. And, the song is, "Goodbye" by Air Supply .

According to her, the song is about a person passing out stool.
 

                                            "I can see the pain living in your eyes,                          
                                                   And I know how hard you try                                                                                                    You deserve to have so much more..."


Obviously, the singer symphatized to the person who is suffering constipation. Generally, the pain of bearing down can squint the eyes to exert more effort.
 

                                                 "..Losing you is painful to me..."
 

Well, to make it simple, the bigger, the more it hurts. However, the success of passing it all out, relieves all the pain from too much pressure. This is to understand why the majority say "success" after passing out big stool.
               

                                              ..."I don't want to let you down,                                                                                                             I don't want to lead you on,                                                                                                            I don't wanna hold you back                                                                                                           from where you might belong"...

Whether we like it or not, the singer pertains to the sh*t itself. The person was struggling right now to find a comfort room, with his thoughts  saying  "not yet, not yet, but you must be out there  I know".
 

Clearly, the interpretation can somehow be justified. However, the error is very possible from complex analysis. So, please be careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment